Friday, March 28, 2014

Update Week 20 (March 26, 2014)

I can't believe it's our half-way point. The first part of this pregnancy just rushed by. I am feeling pretty relaxed and confident now, especially since our little one keeps assuring us every day that everything's fine by kicks and punches and somersaults. At this point, I think that this baby will be the calmest of all of them, at least while still being cooped up in my tummy. With two daughters so different in temperament and character, we can't wait to meet this little person and get to know her / him!

This week's stats:

How far along? 20 weeks

Baby's size:  About the size of a banana

Source

Total weight gain:  With all the stress going on at work, I don't think that I've gained too much more, but we'll find out for sure in a little over a week.


Maternity clothes? Still pushing through with only my belly band, but Lily already commented that I should be wearing this dress I got sometime soon. My jeans still button perfectly though.


Stretch marks? None.


Sleep: Sometimes restless, sometimes weird dreams, sometimes restful, it's a gambling game every night I go to sleep  :-)


Best moment this week: Violet blowing raspberries on my tummy, giggling like crazy. Baby better knows the siblings s/he's going to have  :-)


Miss anything? Definitely my wine. But I can do without for the next decade or so  :-)


Movement: Yes! So glad to know every day that baby's doing fine. The little one is sleeping most mornings and I feel the first kicks around lunchtime. At the moment, baby is most active in the evenings, but seems to be asleep again by bed-time. Is it possible I'm finally blessed with a good sleeper?


Food cravings: nothing really actually.


Anything making you queasy or sick:No, feeling pretty normal in that respect.


Gender: If baby allows, we'll find out on April 7, our 8-year wedding anniversary.


Labor signs: None.


Symptoms: Nothing that would ruin my days. But I thgink I'll have to buy even larger bras soon!


Belly button in or out? In. Never hat an outie so far!


Wedding rings on or off? on


Happy or moody most of the time: Feeling pretty content and happy right now!

Looking forward to: Finally finding out if we have a girl or boy in there. Most people around me have found out by now, and it seems to be a boy-heavy year. With 4-1 right now. Looking forward to find out which side to join  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment